Simple and delicious potato, asparagus and arugula salad perfect to served on a party or dinner.
Roasted Potato, Asparagus and Arugula Salad
- 1 lb. small yellow potatoes quartered
- Olive oil for roasting the potatoes
- 1 bunch of asparagus tough ends trimmed
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove minced
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until blended.
- Preheat an oven to 400u00baF.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer to a baking sheet or a small roasting pan and roast until the potatoes are tender, golden and crisp, about 45 minutes.
- Cut the spears diagonally into 1-inch lengths. Place in a steamer rack over boiling water, cover the steamer and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove the rack from the pan and rinse the asparagus under running cold water until cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, asparagus, arugula and dressing, to taste, and toss to mix. Divide the salad among individual plates. Serve immediately.
Summer has officially arrived so let's celebrate with this wonderful Roasted Potato, Asparagus and Arugula Salad. It is super easy to make, does not require a lot of ingredients, and is delicious.
Serve this salad for a summer cookout or on a picnic with a batch of your favorite grilled meat, fish or chicken. If you're not going to serve the salad immediately, like on a picnic, leave out the arugula until you're ready to serve. Also, be sure to let the potato salad come to room temperature before adding the arugula so not to serve cold. Buen provecho!
What a perfect summer potato salad - healthful, flavorful and light! As much as I like the texture of creamy versions, they can be so heavy. Paired with some grilled meat, this would make a marvelous meal!
MMMMMMMM,..you are certainly welcoming summer with this stunning & very fab dish!
Yummmmmmm,...I also love the cumin in your mustard dressing!
What a lovely summer salad! So healthy and delicious!
What a nice salad for summer! Very interesting with the roasted potatoes!
Yum! What a delicious salad!
What a beautiful salad! Combining raw and roasted veggies in salads is delicious!
I hope you have enough for me? Yumm, love the mustard addition!
Perfect side for a grilled meat. You don't need anything else. Very nice.
I love the looks of this salad, Erica. It's like a light and healthy version of potato salad. I love the peppery arugula!
Thank you everyone for the comments!
What a beautiful salad shot, I want to make it right now. Here are some additional recipes to try out for unique and traditional potato salads: idahopotato.com
Another great recipe! Not to mentioned the fried chicken I just saw. Yum!
Gera @ Sweets Foods Blog
It looks so fresh and delicious!! Now I'm hungry for one with grilled chicken 🙂
What a fabulous salad! That combination of fresh and comfort! YUM!
What a wonderful salad. If only I could get some yellow potatoes and asparagus, I would be making it today.
potatoes don't seem to find their way into green salads very often, but i love the idea!
That looks so good....just perfect!
Baking is my Zen
Light, simple and delicious!
Looks great and so healthy!
I never used cumin in salad dressing, I somehow thought cumin should be only cooked. Why on earth did I think that? It must taste very good, I'll try that next time. Your salad looks yummy. And it's a great picture.
Thank you so much everyone for reading my post 🙂
What a yummy sounding recipe, a meal on its own or great with meat, I think I saw a recipe for faitias?
Yummy!!! This salad looks so delicious and the idea to add cumin to the dressing is duly noted~
Just wanted to say that I've made this salad about 5 times this summer already: it's awesome. Good with ingredients from the supermarket, spectacular with nice stuff from the farmers' market. Total keeper: thanks!