My mother-in-law’s food choices always lean toward health foods and she uses ground turkey to make her meatloaf. The other day I tried it for the first time and to my surprise, I liked it!
After that turkey meatloaf, I decided to cook some ground turkey recipes for my son and these Turkey Patties with Cilantro and Basil sauce is one of them. It was delicious!
- About 8 -10 patties
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- Olive oil to cook the patties
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
For the sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, bread crumbs, cilantro, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, egg and the onion. Using your hands, mix together the ingredients until evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and form each into a patty.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties, turning once, until opaque throughout, about 6 minutes per side.
- Serve the patties with the cilantro-basil sauce on the side.
- To make the sauce: In a food processor, combine all the ingredients. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.