This creamy salad is very popular at Colombian’s fast food restaurants and street hot dogs stands.
Every time I visit Medellin, I go to a restaurant called Frisby. Their specialty is fried chicken and the coleslaw they make is the best I ever had. If you ever go to Medellin you must visit Frisby and have the fried chicken with honey, beans, and coleslaw. That is my favorite combo and I am sure you will love it as much as I do.
(About 3 cups)
- 2 cup carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 1/1 cups green cabbage, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ cup white onion, chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Juice and rind of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Place the cabbage, carrots and onions in a food processor and process for about 1 minute or until the vegetables are finely chopped.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, cumin powder, lime juice and rind.
- Add the cabbage mixture to the mayonnaise mixture. Mix well to combine all the ingredients. Taste and add more sugar if desired.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...