This creamy salad is very popular at Colombian’s fast food restaurants and street hot dogs stands.
Every time I visit Medellin, I go to a restaurant called Frisby. Their specialty is fried chicken and the coleslaw they make is the best I ever had. If you ever go to Medellin you must visit Frisby and have the fried chicken with honey, beans, and coleslaw. That is my favorite combo and I am sure you will love it as much as I do.
(About 3 cups)
- 2 cup carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 1/1 cups green cabbage, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ cup white onion, chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Juice and rind of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Place the cabbage, carrots and onions in a food processor and process for about 1 minute or until the vegetables are finely chopped.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, cumin powder, lime juice and rind.
- Add the cabbage mixture to the mayonnaise mixture. Mix well to combine all the ingredients. Taste and add more sugar if desired.