This pasta with meat sauce is another popular dish in some Colombian homes, or at least it was in mine. It is simply a meat sauce made with ground pork, beef and vegetables and spices typically used in Colombian food recipes.
It is really simple and easy to make yet delicious. I love the kind of dishes that I can make for a weeknight dinner that will satisfy both kids and adults.
- 1 pound pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon color or sazon goya
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well and keep warm.
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, scallions, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the pork, beef, color, cumin, broth, salt and pepper . Cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, stirring well, and cook until the pasta is heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...