Colombian-Style Pasta with Meat Sauce(Pasta con Salsa de Carne)
- 1 pound pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 3 to matoes chopped
- ½ pound ground pork
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon color or sazon goya
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup beef broth
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well and keep warm.
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, scallions, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the pork, beef, color, cumin, broth, salt and pepper . Cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, stirring well, and cook until the pasta is heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
This pasta with meat sauce is another popular dish in some Colombian homes, or at least it was in mine. It is simply a meat sauce made with ground pork, beef and vegetables and spices typically used in Colombian food recipes.
It is really simple and easy to make yet delicious. I love the kind of dishes that I can make for a weeknight dinner that will satisfy both kids and adults.
What is color goya? This looks delicious!
Belinda- It is seasoning with color.
Your homemade pasta sauce looks delicious! The perfect home-cooked meal even for a busy night!
I can't say no to a lovely plate of pasta dish like this one.
Looks delicious and so simple to cook! My boys would love this meal!
I love, and I mean LOVE pasta! Unfortunately I have to cut back my portion...but, there is a chance I can make this soon, just a smaller batch! It looks yummy!
I made the pasta today and it was delicious!!
you should incorporate the number of servings per recipe. 🙂
Love this one, Erica. This reminds me of one of our favorite Italian dishes except it has the Colombian flair. Great job.
A classical dish here, a staple in several homes and I can eat that pasta with sauce meat all days!!
5 Star Foodie
Delicious looking pasta, love this meat sauce!
MMMMMMMMMMMMM,..a lovely simple meat sauce but it all looks pretty tasty!
Thank you everyone!
Thank you all!
my mom used to make this! we never used pork in my house, and red peppers sparingly...but yes, all your recipes remind me of my mom's recipes! luckily i learned how to cook like her when i moved out. ur recipes make me happy 🙂
What kind of sauce do you use
Recipe calls for color or Sazon Goya. What is seasoning or spice is color?