Colombian-Style Pasta with Meat Sauce(Pasta con Salsa de Carne)
- 1 pound pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 3 to matoes chopped
- ½ pound ground pork
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon color or sazon goya
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup beef broth
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well and keep warm.
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, scallions, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the pork, beef, color, cumin, broth, salt and pepper . Cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, stirring well, and cook until the pasta is heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
This pasta with meat sauce is another popular dish in some Colombian homes, or at least it was in mine. It is simply a meat sauce made with ground pork, beef and vegetables and spices typically used in Colombian food recipes.
It is really simple and easy to make yet delicious. I love the kind of dishes that I can make for a weeknight dinner that will satisfy both kids and adults.