I am going on vacation this week, so I invited some of my blogger friends to guest post for me while I’m away. I won’t be able to visit your blogs or approve comments, but I promise I will visit you and read your comments as soon as I get back.
I’m looking forward to getting your feedback about all the guest posts! Thank you.
Now, I want to share with you a simple, but delicious Lime and Cilantro Rice recipe. Buen Provecho!
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, and garlic and cook about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the rice, stir with a wooden spoon to coat well, and cook for 1 minute. In a small bowl add the finely chopped cilantro, cumin, zest and lime juice.
- Add the water, cilantro mixture and salt. Bring to a boil, stir and decrease the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...