A couple of weeks ago I had some leftover egg whites and I didn’t want to waste them, so I decided to make a lime version of meringue cookies.
I absolutely love classic meringues and this lime version is very good and super simple to make. I hope you enjoy my Lime Meringue Cookies as much as I did.
- 3 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of lime zest
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt on medium-high speed until foamy, about 1 minute. With mixer running, gradually add sugar in 2 additions beating for 3 minutes between each addition. Beat until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes longer.
- With a spatula fold in the lime zest. Drop about 3 tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Rotate the pan and bake for another 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and allow the meringues to cool completely while still in the oven, about 2 hours.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...