Bananos Calados (Colombian-Style Fried Bananas)
- 4 small bananas firm with no spots and peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Cut the bananas in half crosswise.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the butter and cook for 1 minute. Add the bananas, brown sugar, water and cinnamon stick. Cook the bananas, turning constantly during 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Add the orange juice and orange peel and cook 5 more minutes, discard cinnamon stick and serve with vanilla ice cream.
This delicious, Bananos Calados dessert will make the perfect finale to any Colombian meal. It is best served warm over vanilla ice cream.