Guest posting today and sharing her delicious recipe is Rebecca from “Chow and Chatter”. Rebecca has a wonderful blog filled with healthy and delicious recipes.
I am thrilled and honored to do a guest post for Erica, I adore her blog and its one of the first one’s I first started to follow I always get inspiration and have developed a Love for Colombian cuisine. I was on twitter yesterday speaking to LaBellaCook and was in the mood for a fresh Shrimp and pasta recipe so she kindly sent along one!
I added spinach and peas and got some wild Key West shrimp. It is easy to make and delicious, hope you like it.
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 pound Penne pasta
• 2 cups of spinach
• Zest of 1 small lemon
• 1/2 cup petit frozen pea’s
1. Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and white wine and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the wine reduces by half, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook just until they are pink, about 2 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the Penne in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Drain the penne Add the Penne and spinach to the skillet. Toss to combine. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl, sprinkle zest over the pasta and serve.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...