I made this tasty recipe for my sister last week. She is a huge seafood fan, so I am trying to cook a lot of the food that she likes while she is visiting. We both love salmon very much and I wanted to make something different and special for her and that is how this Salmon with Coconut-Saffron Sauce was born!
It was fantastic guys…the coconut and saffron together is a marriage made in heaven and the saffron gives this dish a beautiful color too.
- 2 lb salmon fillets
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon groun cumin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 chicken or vegetable bouillon tablet
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Large pinch saffron
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Place the salmon fillets in a large baking dish. Drizzle olive oil and season each fillet with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- While the fish is cooking make the sauce:In a medium saucepan melt the butter.
- Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the coconut milk, heavy cream, saffron and chicken bouillon.Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Spoon sauce over the salmon fillets and serve warm.