Colombia is bordered by the Atlantic and the Pacific Oceans, which provides the country with great seafood. This delicious creamy Cazuela de Mariscos is quick to cook and perfect for entertaining or as a weekend dinner dish for the whole family.
I love the combination of Seafood and coconut milk, it is absolutely wonderful. This Cazuela de Mariscos is one of my favorite Colombian seafood dishes.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 tablet fish bouillon
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 2 pounds swordfish, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- In a large, saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and butter.
- Add the onions, red pepper, garlic, green pepper and carrots and sauté, until tender and translucent, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the cream, fish bouillon, coconut milk; bring to a boil. Add seafood and cover reduce heat and cook about 2 minutes until clams open. Remove from heat; discard any unopened shells.
- Add the wine and tomato paste, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and parsley and serve hot