This post is also available in Spanish
This Stuffed Tomatoes with Tuna Salad recipe is great for entertaining. It is quick and easy and the tomatoes put a twist on a classic tuna salad dish.
(6 servings as an appetizer)
- 3 (6 oz) cans tuna
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 medium tomatoes, cored and seeded
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients, except the tomatoes and lettuce. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- To serve, line a large salad plate with lettuce leaves, spoon tuna salad into tomatoes and garnish with chopped parsley on top, arrange tomatoes on top of the lettuce leaves and serve.