My mother-in-law’s food choices always lean toward health foods and she uses ground turkey to make her meatloaf. The other day I tried it for the first time and to my surprise, I liked it!
After that turkey meatloaf, I decided to cook some ground turkey recipes for my son and these Turkey Patties with Cilantro and Basil sauce is one of them. It was delicious!
About 8 -10 patties
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt and ground pepper, to taste
1/2 cup grated onion
Olive oil to cook the patties
For the sauce:
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoon white vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove
1. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, bread crumbs, cilantro, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, egg and the onion. Using your hands, mix together the ingredients until evenly distributed.
2. Divide the mixture into equal portions and form each into a patty.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Cook the patties, turning once, until opaque throughout, about 6 minutes per side.
5. Serve the patties with the cilantro-basil sauce on the side.
To make the sauce: In a food processor, combine all the ingredients. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.