Arugula, Fig and Prosciutto Tart
- 8- by-10-inch rectangle of frozen puff pastry thawed in the refrigerator
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces grated Manchego cheese
- 8 fresh figs sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 slices of Prosciutto
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch washed and rinsed Arugula
- Preheat an oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle . Transfer the dough to the baking sheet.
- Arrange fig slices and half of cheese on top.
- Bake until the crust puffs, about 15 minutes.
- Toss arugula with a splash of olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Top tart with arugula and prosciutto pieces. Cut into small portions and serve.
The theme for this month’s Creative Cooking Crew’s challenge was, "You’re invited to a Thanksgiving dinner party — bring an appetizer". So, I decided to bring an Arugula, Fig and Prosciutto Tart.
This is such a beautiful tart and the combination of flavors and textures are absolutely amazing! Fresh sweet figs, salty prosciutto, creamy cheese, and lemony spicy arugula. This tart is very easy to make, especially if you decide to use store-bought puff pastry , and there's only fifteen minutes of total cook time.
This Arugula, Fig and Prosciutto Tart would be a great addition to your Thanksgiving table.