Asparagus Salmon Roll-Ups with Tomato Sauce
- 4 salmon fillets about 5 oz each one
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of half a lime
- 8 asparagus spears trimmed and cut in half
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Lay the salmon fillets on a cutting board and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl whisk together the mayonaisse, mustard, parsley, thyme, onion powder , garlic powder and lime juice.
- Top each salmon fillet with 4 asparagus pieces. Roll the fillets and place seam-side down on a greased baking sheet.
- brush rolls with the mayo mixture and sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, pressing to adhere.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. Serve over your favorite tomato sauce.
I am a big fan of salmon in all forms. Everytime I see it on sale at the market I have to buy it.
Last week it was so cold and nasty outside that I needed to cook something to keep me warm and make me feel good, so I decided to make these Salmon Rolls with Asparagus served over tomato sauce. I used my simple homemade tomato sauce , but if you want to use store bought to keep it easier, that's okay too.
This recipe was easy to make, elegant and delicious. I would recommend this dish for a dinner party. I loved it!