Baked Eggs with Spinach
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 eggs
- 8 tablespoons asiago cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Crushed red pepper to your taste
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, cook for 2 minutes, and then add the spinach and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add parsley and remove from the heat.
- Rub the inside of 4 small ramekins with butter and then add spinach mixture into each ramekin.
- Add 1 egg to each, season with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons heavy cream and 2 tablespoons asiago cheese. Place the ramekins in a baking dish and bake about 8 to 10 minutes. Add crushed red pepper and serve immediately.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
I love starting the day off with a breakfast like this along with a steaming hot cup of coffee.
These delicious baked eggs make for an impressive presentation. Serve with buttered toast for a simple yet elegant breakfast or brunch.
I love this Ereica I love spinachs, look yummy!! besos, gloria
OMG thia is beautiful! Why didn't I think of this? I just bought a beautiful bunch of fresh organic spinach, and I sick of the same ol' eggs in the mornings. I usually add spinach to my eggs, but weekends are usually different I can take the time to crisp my tortillas and cook the bacon etc...
I bookmarked this one! Thanks for posting it!
Oh, perfect! I think this might be breakfast tomorrow!
Eggs with spinach is my very favorite breakfast on earth. I just love the combination.
I hope you're feeling great and enjoying the pregnancy. I've had a hard time keeping up with comments lately and wish I had time to come by more often.
So simple, so perfect, so delicious! I love eggs, I'll have them anyday!
This loos so yummy....spinach and eggs...a winner!!!
Me too! And I like that you added a little heat on top with red chili flakes.
Not only is this striking visually, the flavors rock! Nice job, Erica.
Quay Po Cooks
This simple and delicious. Nice snap too.
I really like this...perfect for breakfast.
Gorgeous dish, Erica! Baked eggs are one of my favorite meals and I just made them recently too...great minds think alike! 🙂
I love this way to cook eggs Bravo !!
Cheers from France !!!
Pierre de Paris
Baked eggs and spinach is the one way I would eat eggs; I love the combo!
We have eggs about every day, but its been a while since I've coddled them like this, what a lovely treat. Perfect with that coffee.
YES to the red pepper flakes on top! 🙂
5 Star Foodie
Sounds like a lovely breakfast for sure, love the asiago cheese here!
Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen
This sounds like the perfect breakfast to me!
Erica, this is my kind of breakfast...love baked eggs...specially with the yummie things in it. Great photo!
Thank you guys!
I made this for dinner last night, its great for dinner too!