Although it doesn’t look very pretty, this creamy black bean dip tastes absolutely delicious and is very easy to make. You can serve it with tortilla chips or Patacones.
(About 2 cups)
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo
- ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Place all the ingredients in food processor until the dip is smooth and creamy, scraping the down the bowl as needed.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl, sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.