Hawaiian Burger (Hamburguesa Hawaiana)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 ham slices
- 4 pineapple slices
- 4 provolone cheese slices
- In a large plastic bowl add the ground beef, garlic, scallions, onion, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate for about 1 hour. Form 4 patties.
- Heat a grill or sautué pan and cook the hamburgers for 5 minutes on each side until done. Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- Spray a large grill pan, (or even your outdoor grill) with cooking spray and heat over a medium flame. Grill the pineapple for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until it is nicely brown and grill marks have appeared.
- Allow the hamburgers to rest for 5 minutes and serve immediately on buns with the 1 pineapple slice, 1 ham slice and 1 cheese slice.
I absolutely love Hawaiian pizza, so I decided to make a hamburger with those delicious flavors. The ingredients combination is simple and fantastic: grilled pineapple, provolone cheese, ham and a delicious meat patty. This was so good that I couldn't get enough of it, and actually can't wait to make it again.
I want to share this Hawaiian hamburger idea with you for the Labor day weekend coming up soon.
Why not a hamburger? Great for this weekend!
Never would of thought about this combo...but it does work. Looks beautiful...ALOHA!
Marvelous, Erica. Super flavors together and perfect for the coming weekend. How about that mango milkshake alongside??
There was a time when I could not get enough pineapple in dishes- recently I had something in Arizona with a southwester twist and it brought back that rush of memory, so I say 'Yeah' on this Erica!
what a GREAT idea for a burger!
Beautiful idea. Looks delectable.
Tu hamburguesa me gusta mucho! Está deleitable también!
great idea, erica! i love hawaiian pizza more than any other type, and i'm a burger freak so you've just made me a very happy eater!
What a great idea. Love the combination and only wish I could get credit for thinking of it, but I leave that to your genius.
Thank you all so much!