Potato Gratin (Papas Gratinadas)
- 8 medium white potatoes peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1- ¼ cups heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup mozarella cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Butter a casserole dish & set aside
- In a large bowl place the potatoes, heavy cream, garlic, thyme, milk, paprika,egg, cheese,salt and pepper.
- Place the mixture in the prepared dish and sprinlke with parmesan cheese.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil. Bake for 1 hour and remove the foil and bake for 25 minutes more or until golden. Serve warm.
I had some potatoes in the fridge and I didn't know what to do with them, so, while I was doing some laundry, I started to have some ideas on how I would cook them. I was thinking maybe mashed or just roasted, until I thought about this delicious Potato Gratin recipe that I love! This a wonderful side dish and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do.