This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of SeaPak Shrimp & Seafood Company. The opinions and text are all mine.
If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you know that some of my favorite foods are plantains and avocados. I can eat them every day and never get tired of either! Whenever I find a new way to incorporate those ingredients into meal, get ready for a new recipe, such as this ‘Ripe Plantain Baskets with Avocado, Beans and Shrimp’ dish I made as an appetizer last week. I could not stop eating them. They were so delicious!
Ripe Plantain Baskets with Avocado, Beans and Shrimp
- 4 ripe plantains peeled
- 1 avocado mashed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup of canned black beans drained
- 1- 8 oz package SeaPak® Butterfly Shrimp
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake Butterfly Shrimp according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Grease 12 serving non-stick muffin pan with spray oil.
- Mash the plantains and place equal parts into the greased muffin pan. Using a small glass or spoon, press against the muffin tin forming the baskets and spray the plantain baskets with more oil.
- To cook the baskets: Heat the oven to 425°F. Place the muffin pan in the oven and until they are cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Mix the mashed avocado with lime, salt and pepper and place equal amounts into the plantain baskets. Add black beans and top with a cooked shrimp. Garnish each cup with cilantro and serve immediately.
Whether you’re having friends, family or neighbors over for a summer party or just want to snack while you ‘Netflix and chill’, these mini plantain baskets are a simple, fun and delicious choice. I’m betting you’ll keep this recipe on hand for just such an occasion… or for no occasion at all 🙂
These ripe plantain baskets are stuffed with mashed avocado, black beans and SeaPack Jumbo Butterfly Shrimp, which makes these bites come together incredibly fast. SeaPak makes it easy to enjoy a tasty seafood meal, especially when meal prep is the last thing on your mind. I’m sure you could easily play around with the filling, incorporating a number of different ingredients that would work beautifully with SeaPak shrimp. Cheese, corn, or salsa, to name a few, should all be delicious!
To find SeaPak products near you, head to the product locator on SeaPak’s website. Keep a package or two of SeaPak in your freezer for those days when you need to whip up an easy dinner and want to enjoy more time outside.Sign up for SeaPak’s Coastal Catch e-newsletter so you won’t miss a deal! You’ll receive a coupon just for joining!