Sancocho de Pescado ( Colombian Fish Soup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 2 pounds of cod fish fillets
- 10 cups of fish stock
- 2 green plantains peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 corn ears
- 1 pound yuca cassava, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon color sazon goya with azafran or achiote
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- In a large pot, over medium heat, place the olive oil, onions, scallions and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish stock, achiote, ground cumin and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the plantains, corn, yuca, salt and pepper. Simmer covered for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the fish and chopped cilantro. Cook for 12 minutes and serve with white rice, lime and avocado on the side.
Sancocho is a soup made with plantain, yuca, potato, corn, and the meat of your choice, It is a hearty, comforting and delicious dish that is usually served with white rice , salad , aji, lime and avocado on the side. This Sancocho de Pescado is popular on the Coast of Colombia.
Salt and pepper⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped