I can’t even begin to describe the amazing flavors of this dish. The thyme, garlic and corn work so well with the fresh cilantro, cod fish and sweet coconut milk. This is an easy weeknight meal packed with flavor. Serve it over white rice to soak up the delicious sauce, and drizzle with lime juice.
- 4 cod fillets
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter and oil. Add the red pepper flakes, onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add the corn and cook for 5 minutes. Add the stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook uncovered for 10 minutes. Place the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a saute pan, heat some olive oil. When the oil is smoking hot, add the fish. Saute for 2 minutes and flip over. Return the mixture to the pan and heat over medium-low heat. Add the fish to the sauce and cook for about 8 minutes more, until the fish is cooked all the way through.
- Serve over white rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.