Crisps are one of my favorite desserts because there are so many variations and wonderful ways to prepare them. This Banana and Chocolate Crisp is absolutely delicious. I loved the combination of textures in this dessert, smooth bananas with melted chocolate and a sweet, crunchy, nutty topping.
- 5 large ripe bananas, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the bananas in a bowl and add the sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, chocolate and ground nutmeg. Set aside.
- For the topping: Combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, oatmeal and butter in a bowl. Mix well until well combined.
- Pour the banana mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the bananas.
- Bake until the topping is crisp and golden brown and the banana-chocolate filling bubbles slowly, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...