Banana and Chocolate Crisp
- 5 large ripe bananas peeled and diced
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the bananas in a bowl and add the sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, chocolate and ground nutmeg. Set aside.
- For the topping: Combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, oatmeal and butter in a bowl. Mix well until well combined.
- Pour the banana mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the bananas.
- Bake until the topping is crisp and golden brown and the banana-chocolate filling bubbles slowly, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Crisps are one of my favorite desserts because there are so many variations and wonderful ways to prepare them. This Banana and Chocolate Crisp is absolutely delicious. I loved the combination of textures in this dessert, smooth bananas with melted chocolate and a sweet, crunchy, nutty topping.