Banana and Chocolate Crisp
- 5 large ripe bananas peeled and diced
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the bananas in a bowl and add the sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, chocolate and ground nutmeg. Set aside.
- For the topping: Combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, oatmeal and butter in a bowl. Mix well until well combined.
- Pour the banana mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the bananas.
- Bake until the topping is crisp and golden brown and the banana-chocolate filling bubbles slowly, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Crisps are one of my favorite desserts because there are so many variations and wonderful ways to prepare them. This Banana and Chocolate Crisp is absolutely delicious. I loved the combination of textures in this dessert, smooth bananas with melted chocolate and a sweet, crunchy, nutty topping.
Erica, this is just the kind of dessert that I can dig into myself-very nice.
I was thinking about you. Hope all is well.
Oh gorgeous! Needs some ice cream with this!
Hola Erica!! I love how this crips looks. Thanks for sharing the recipe 🙂
I agree with Belinda...its need helado! Yummy looking!
5 Star Foodie
So yummy! Love the topping with pecans!
i've eaten many a crisp, but bananas have never been involved. it sounds great, especially since chocolate is involved. 🙂
Look wonderful Erica, really nice, huggs gloria
I'd love to dig my spoon in one of your crisps. Looks delicious.
Erica, your crisp looks delicious, can I have it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream? Yummie!
Juliana- Vanilla ice cream is perfect!
A Canadian Foodie
I LOVE CRISPS. They are definitely my GO-TO winter desserts. However, I would have NEVER thought of this combination. I love it!
Clever you! Crisps are one of my favorite desserts too, Erica, but I would never have thought to make one with bananas and chips! Looks marvelous!
Love those little pots! Love crisp too, I need to make one and soon. Maybe tonight!
This is the first time I see a crisp made with bananas and chocolate chips and I love the idea!Smashing!
From what part of Colombia is that recipe from?
Lucia- It is not a Colombian recipe. It is my own creation.