Sudado de Carne Res is a very popular dish in Colombia, is very easy to make and delicious over white rice with avocado on the side. I think every Colombian home makes a sudado dish a least once a week. Sudados can also be made with pork or chicken.
This Sudado de Carne Colombiano is a very comforting and filling dish and it is perfect for weeknight dinners.
- 2 pounds beef for stew
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 beef bouillon tablet
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 small yellow potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- ½ pound frozen or fresh yuca (cassava)
- 3 cups water
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion and red pepper and sauté until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Then add the tomatoes, garlic, salt and ground pepper and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Add the beef, water, beef bouillon and cumin powder. Reduce the heat to medium low cover and cook for 45 to 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, yuca and cilantro and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve over white rice.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...