These popular Brazilian candies were named after an Air Force Brigadier named Eduardo Gomes. They look like truffles, are very simple to make and are rich and delicious. Valentine’s day is coming soon, so make these candies for your friends and family, they would love you for it
These Brigadeiros are my entry in the virtual food tour hosted by my friend Joan from Foodalogue.
Keep them refrigerated until ready to eat. Buen Provecho!
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 stick soft butter
- 3 tablespoons a good quality cocoa powder
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Place all the ingredients in a medium sauce pan, over low heat and cook for abot 12 to 15 minutes. Stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the mixture on a greased baking pan. Let it cool for at least 1 hour.
- With buttered hands, make equal size small balls with the mixture. Roll each brigadeiro in the chocolate sprinkles. Place in baking paper cups and store in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...