Dishes made with dulce de leche have a special place in my heart. Maybe it’s because it makes everything taste really good. Today I have a special treat for you.
About a month ago my son asked me to make some brownies. So I decided to add dulce de leche to the brownies and let me tell you, it was a great decision…they were fantastic! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
2 sticks unsalted butter
12 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1½ cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups dulce de leche or arequipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the butter and bittersweet chocolate together in a large heavy based pan over a low heat.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs together with the sugar and vanilla extract.
4. Add the egg and sugar mixture to the chocolate and beat well.
5. Add the flour and salt. Then stir in the chocolate chips. Beat to combine then scrape and pour half of the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
6. Spread the dulce de leche over the mixture. Pour the remaining brownie batter over the dulce de leche layer.
7. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.