Dishes made with dulce de leche have a special place in my heart. Maybe it’s because it makes everything taste really good. Today I have a special treat for you.
About a month ago my son asked me to make some brownies. So I decided to add dulce de leche to the brownies and let me tell you, it was a great decision…they were fantastic! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups dulce de leche or arequipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the butter and bittersweet chocolate together in a large heavy based pan over a low heat.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs together with the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg and sugar mixture to the chocolate and beat well.
- Add the flour and salt. Then stir in the chocolate chips. Beat to combine then scrape and pour half of the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Spread the dulce de leche over the mixture. Pour the remaining brownie batter over the dulce de leche layer.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.