This is a perfect week night meal the whole family will enjoy. Sneaking spinach into a dish it is a great way to get your picky kids to eat more leafy greens without any complaints.
This is a wonderful and simple pasta dish that can be served with salad and bread on the side.
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup hot pasta water
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound dried penne or other pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Red hot pepper (optional)
- In a fry pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté lightly until golden, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add the spinach and sauté, stirring, until completely wilted, about 3 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and continue sautéing for about 2 minutes more.
- Place the spinach mixture, parsley, feta cheese and cream cheese in a food processor. Add the hot pasta water. Then season with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Cook the pasta per package instructions. Drain and toss immediately with the green sauce. Sprinkle red hot pepper on top and serve with asiago or parmesan cheese.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...