This post is also available in Spanish
Salchipapas is one of those dishes you are going to find all over Colombia on the kids menu at restaurants. I grew up eating Salchipapas con Salsa Rosada and I still enjoy this traditional Colombian snack.
- 8 hotdogs
- 4 Large potatoes, peeled
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup salsa rosada
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over medium high heat.
- Cut the potatoes into about 1/3 inch thick sticks and place them in a bowl with salted cold water.
- Drain and pat dry the potatoes and add to the hot oil in batches, turning until cooked and golden, for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the hotdogs crosswise into 3 pieces each and then cut small, ¼” deep crosses into the tips of those pieces and set aside.
- With a slotted spoon transfer the fries to a plate lined with paper towels and season with salt.
- Add the hot dogs to the oil and fry for about 2 minutes. Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels.
- To serve, divide the fries and hotdogs in equal amounts and serve with salsa rosada on the side.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...