Corn and flour tortillas are a staple in my pantry. I love making quesadillas, enchiladas, tacos, homemade chips with salsa, burritos, etc. Quesadillas are a quick and delicious lunch, and the variations are endless. I made these quesadillas for breakfast just the other day and they were absolutely fantastic.
- Cooking Spray or olive oil
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 3 scrambled eggs
- 1 small avocado, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese
- On a work surface, spread 2 of the tortillas. Spoon half of the scrambled eggs over the bottom of each tortilla. Sprinkle half of the cheese.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Carefully place 1 quesadilla in pan and cook 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the quesadilla and cook an additional 2 minutes until lightly browned and the cheese is melted. Repeat with second quesadilla.
- In a small bowl: mix the avocado, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Top the quesadillas with tomato slices and avocado mixture. Serve immediately with your favorite salsa.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...