Corn and flour tortillas are a staple in my pantry. I love making quesadillas, enchiladas, tacos, homemade chips with salsa, burritos, etc. Quesadillas are a quick and delicious lunch, and the variations are endless. I made these quesadillas for breakfast just the other day and they were absolutely fantastic.
Cooking Spray or olive oil
4 small corn tortillas
3 scrambled eggs
1 small avocado, peeled and diced
Salt and pepper
1 tomato sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
1 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese
1. On a work surface, spread 2 of the tortillas. Spoon half of the scrambled eggs over the bottom of each tortilla. Sprinkle half of the cheese.
2. Top with another tortilla.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Carefully place 1 quesadilla in pan and cook 2 minutes.
4. Using a spatula, gently flip the quesadilla and cook an additional 2 minutes until lightly browned and the cheese is melted. Repeat with second quesadilla.
5. In a small bowl: mix the avocado, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Top the quesadillas with tomato slices and avocado mixture. Serve immediately with your favorite salsa.