Queso Frito is very easy to make and contains only a few ingredients. To make this recipe you’ll need to pick up some “queso de freir” at your local supermarket or any Latin market.
- 4 (1-inch-thick) slices of queso de freir
- 1/4 cup masarepa (precooked corn meal)
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, dip cheese into the masarepa, just to lightly coat. Shake off any excess.
- Arrange cheese in hot oil and cook about 2 minutes per side or until browned. Remove cheese with a slotted spoon and let drain for a couple seconds on paper towels. Serve warm.
I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad para todos!