Queso Frito (Fried Cheese) and Happy Holidays
- 4 1-inch-thick slices of queso de freir
- ¼ cup masarepa precooked corn meal
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, dip cheese into the masarepa, just to lightly coat. Shake off any excess.
- Arrange cheese in hot oil and cook about 2 minutes per side or until browned. Remove cheese with a slotted spoon and let drain for a couple seconds on paper towels. Serve warm.
Queso Frito (Fried Cheese) is a VERY simple, but delicious popular dish in Colombia. We usually eat it with arepa and hot chocolate for breakfast or alone for afternoon snacks with coffee.
Queso Frito is very easy to make and contains only a few ingredients. To make this recipe you'll need to pick up some "queso de freir" at your local supermarket or any Latin market.