This Camarones al Ajillo appetizer is really simple and quick to make, yet it is delicious and elegant. Serve with lemon wedges and fresh bread on the side.
(5-6 SERVINGS AS AN APPETIZER)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- ¼ teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper and cook about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is tender but not browned.
- Increase heat to medium and add shrimp and sauté, turning the shrimp once with tongs, until shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes each side.
- Add the parsley and cook for another 2 minutes. Using tongs, remove the shrimp from the pan, pour the sauce over the shrimp, garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.