This post is also available in Spanish
Camarones al Ajillo also known as Gambas al Ajillo in Spain are an appetizer very simple and quick to make, yet it is delicious and elegant.This shrimp dish has a wonderful garlic flavor and you can also have it as a main dish over pasta or rice.
This Camarones al Ajillo recipe ticks all the boxes for me, meaty shrimp, heat from the pepper flakes, plus a wonderful flavor from the combination of garlic and olive oil too.
I like to serve it as an appetizer with lemon wedges, patacones or fresh bread on the side.
(5-6 servings as an appetizer)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- ¼ teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper and cook about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is tender but not browned.
- Increase heat to medium and add shrimp and sauté, turning the shrimp once with tongs, until shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes each side.
- Add the parsley and cook for another 2 minutes. Using tongs, remove the shrimp from the pan, pour the sauce over the shrimp, garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...