- 1 tablespoon butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar plus more for the baking dish
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 4 bananas sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- Make the batter: Sift the flour, sugar, and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and heavy cream until well blended. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an oval oven-proof dish or individual dishes, with the butter. Sprinkle the bottom and sides with sugar.
- Place the banana slices in the oven-proof dish and sprinkle with cinnamon powder. Pour the batter over the bananas and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the custard is firm. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Clafoutis is a popular French dessert and this Banana Clafoutis is just one variation of this delicious custard. I also have another couple of Clafoutis recipes, here and here.
This dessert is so easy and simple to make and you can play with seasonal fruits. I usually have ripe bananas lying around, and I hate to waste them, so I love having a few good banana recipes from which to choose.
I made this banana clafoutis a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious and will be perfect for breakfast or dessert.
This is a stunning dessert. STUNNING.
I made mine in a cast iron skillet. It poofed up like a Dutch Baby! Really delicious!
That looks simple and delicious...now I have another recipe to play with:D
I love your use of banana here! I bet it made a really fantastic clafoutis!
Lovely idea, banana is one of my favorite fruits. Loved the little pans...so cute.
This does sound good! I think that it might work well with berries. Your dishes are lovely and would make a really good presentaiton for company.
Never would have thought to use bananas in this dish, Erica. I can't wait to try it!
5 Star Foodie
What a unique clafoutis with banana, I love the idea, super delicious!
i feel like i've seen a gazillion clafoutis in my life, but never a banana one--well done!
I would love a slice of this clafoutis for a special treat on mother's day!
This looks so tempting. I have been wanting to make a clafutis and is one sure looks worth it! I just posted(or am going to post) my version of cabbage cake....did I tell you I love your recipes?! 😀
Oops...sorry, I am on my dad's computer and half the time his Ys and Us don't work. So my name and link above didn't go through. I really need to triple check before I click "submit comment".
Great recipe, Thank you!
I stumbled on Your blog 3 months ago,particulary this entry
But let me tell you something everyone in our house loved this recepie
Sometimes even requested. It became a weekly breakfast choice.
Thank you for posting.