This dessert is so easy and simple to make and you can play with seasonal fruits. I usually have ripe bananas lying around, and I hate to waste them, so I love having a few good banana recipes from which to choose.
I made this banana clafoutis a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious and will be perfect for breakfast or dessert.
- 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus more for the baking dish
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- Make the batter: Sift the flour, sugar, and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and heavy cream until well blended. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an oval oven-proof dish or individual dishes, with the butter. Sprinkle the bottom and sides with sugar.
- Place the banana slices in the oven-proof dish and sprinkle with cinnamon powder. Pour the batter over the bananas and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the custard is firm. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.