This artichokes creamy soup is delicious, full of flavor and easy to make. It's made with simple ingredients.
This Crema de Alcachofas (Artichokes Creamy Soup) is another Colombian soup from the Andean region of the country. It's a creamy, rich and very comforting soup.
Colombian main dishes, especially at lunch time, usually consist of a bowl of soup, meat, poultry or seafood and a side dish like rice, potatoes, yuca, plantains, avocado or a small green salad.
I grew up eating soup for lunch every day and I always find comfort in a bowl of soup. I rarely tire of it and could eat it every day of the year.
Artichokes Creamy Soup Recipe
- 4 large artichokes hearts frozen or fresh
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 potatoes peeled and cubed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup heavy cream plus more for serving
- Potato sticks for serving
- In a pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and garlic, cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the broth, the bring to a simmer.
- Add the artichokes hearts and cook for 10 minutes. Add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Strain the soup into a saucepan and add more broth if necessary, then add the cream. Serve the soup in bowls drizzled with extra cream and potato sticks.
This artichoke soup is perfect whether you want something to warm up to on a chilly day or a side for your holiday dinner. If you like artichokes, it's almost impossible not to like a rich and creamy soup like this one.
I like to serve this soup with a teaspoon of cream and potato sticks. You can also top it with crispy chorizo or bacon. It will take this soup to the next level with the different flavors and wonderful textures. f
If you do not have an immersion blender, you can transfer the soup to a regular blender instead. Be VERY careful when blending hot soup, avoid filling the blender all the way and let the steam escape.
More Soup Recipes to Try