- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Queso fresco
- 4 tomato slices slices
- Red onion slices
- 1 can 15.5 oz pinto beans
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup p chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup water
- To make the beans, heat the oil in a sauce pan and saute the onions for about 5 minutes or until translucent, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the beans, water, ground cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often with a wooden spoon.
- Mash the beans using a potato masher and stir well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef, garlic, scallions, onion, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate for about 1 hour. Form 4 patties.
- Heat a grill or sauté pan and cook the hamburgers for 5 minutes on each side until done. Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- Serve burgers with lettuce, guacamole, tomatoes, red onions, refried beans and queso fresco.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
I know what you might be thinking,“really Erica, a burger again"? But trust me, this is good! Here is the little burger I made myself for lunch about two months ago using the delicious flavors of Mexico: a beef patty topped with tomato, guacamole, refried beans, queso fresco, and red onions.
Yum! That looks like an amazing burger combo!
Que hamburguesa más buena! Erica
Y la idea de acompañarla con un guacamole para variar es estupenda.
What a yummy burger, Erica! Keep the burger recipes coming, I love them! 🙂
Really? Another AWESOME burger? I'll take it!
Oh I trust you alright - you have never led me wrong and have only shown me the road to deliciousness.
I like it, Erica! You can continue to post burger recipes on and on...I'd love to try them all!
Love Avocado never though of using it in a burger, Yummy!
i can never get enough burgers, and this one's outstanding! it's a mexicanized american classic. 🙂
Amy @ cookbookmaniac
This is a genius combination! I'm upset that I didnt think of it...
You nailed this one Erica!!!!!!!!!!!! What a perfect combination of flavors. I can imagine biting through every delicious layer of this burger.
Never have too many burgers!