This Orzo Salad is a great and refreshing summer recipe and it is one of my favorite salads for entertaining.
This recipe stems from an Orzo Salad by Giada De Laurentiis.
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 3 lemons
- 1 ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz baby arugula
- 2/3 cups olive oil
- 2 cups feta cheese
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until tender, but still firm to the bite. Drain the pasta and set aside to cool.
- Place the arugula, basil, pine nuts, and cranberries in a large salad bowl, mix well and then add the orzo.
- Mix together the lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the salad and mix well.
- Add the feta cheese and toss together, using 2 forks until well mixed. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.