Pimentones Rellenos (Colombian Style-Stuffed Peppers)
- 6 red or green bell peppers tops removed and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound bacon diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 scallion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cooked eggs diced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the peppers in a pot with water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the pot and allow to cool.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil and the bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked. Add the onions, scallions and garlic and saute for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the beef, cooked rice, cooked eggs, cumin and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato paste. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the fresh cilantro and parsley.
- Spoon the mixture into the cooled peppers. Transfer the peppers to a baking dish and top with breadcrumbs. Bake until the peppers are heated through, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Every country and every family has its own variation of stuffed peppers. This is my grandmother's Colombian version.
This simple dish is hearty and delicious. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Vegetarians can simply omit the meat and add some chopped mushrooms.
Looks simply delightful!
Lyndsey ~The Tiny Skillet~
Mmmm...this looks amazing...I love grandma recipes! I'll bet it would be great as stuffed tomatoes too, my husband would not eat the pepper so I could do his in a tomato!
I adore stuffed peppers! Have you tried using poblano peppers instead of bell? Recently we've been stuffing those and the flavor is less sweet and almost smoky. Either way this looks sensational.
Stevie- I am going to try Stuffed Poblano Peppers....It sounds delicious!
This sounds good with the bacon and eggs in the recipe. Looks delicious!
The minute your food titles come through my feed I am hungry! I love stuffed peppers for all my life 🙂
Paula @ Cookware Cooking
I love stuffed peppers! I'm so glad I've found your blog; you have such wonderful recipes with beautiful photos!
Stuffed peppers put a huge smile on my face, I love them! I can't wait to try this version.
Christine @ Fresh Local and Best
I love stuffed bell peppers! This recipe looks especially enticing with all of the spices and delicious meats!
god made peppers hollow for this very reason! 🙂
I think that I would like to try this with the mushrooms instead of meat. They do look good...
These were delicious..I didnt put the rice in the meat but as a side..great recipe!
I really want to trey this meal but don't know how to cook the eggs. Can anyone help?
Place eggs in a pot. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Bring water to a boil over medium heat,cover and remove from heat.
Place eggs under cool running water to stop the cooking. Eggs can be peeled and served immediately.