Roasted Potato, Asparagus and Arugula Salad
- 1 lb. small yellow potatoes quartered
- Olive oil for roasting the potatoes
- 1 bunch of asparagus tough ends trimmed
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove minced
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until blended.
- Preheat an oven to 400u00baF.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer to a baking sheet or a small roasting pan and roast until the potatoes are tender, golden and crisp, about 45 minutes.
- Cut the spears diagonally into 1-inch lengths. Place in a steamer rack over boiling water, cover the steamer and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove the rack from the pan and rinse the asparagus under running cold water until cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, asparagus, arugula and dressing, to taste, and toss to mix. Divide the salad among individual plates. Serve immediately.
Summer has officially arrived so let's celebrate with this wonderful Roasted Potato, Asparagus and Arugula Salad. It is super easy to make, does not require a lot of ingredients, and is delicious.
Serve this salad for a summer cookout or on a picnic with a batch of your favorite grilled meat, fish or chicken. If you're not going to serve the salad immediately, like on a picnic, leave out the arugula until you're ready to serve. Also, be sure to let the potato salad come to room temperature before adding the arugula so not to serve cold. Buen provecho!