Spinach Balls with Tomato Sauce
- 1 10oz bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 3 large eggs
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Asiago cheese grated
- Tomato Sauce for serving
- Squeeze the excess water from the spinach and put it in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and process until well blended.
- Form the mixture into small balls. Place the balls on a greased baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook in oven until for about 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve with tomato sauce on the side.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
These Spinach Balls are an easy meatless home cooked dish that even veggie avoiders will enjoy. My oldest son doesn't eat spinach and he couldn't stop eating these Spinach Balls.
I adore spinach balls. Always a crowd favorite - love the combination with this sauce!
Erica, these spinach balls look great, like the idea of being baked and not fried...great with the sauce.
Hope you are having a fantastic week 🙂
I love spinach, so i will definitely be trying these! I bet they'd be great in a "meatball" sub!
a small or large can of chick peas?
Those look great, Erica. And I love the tomato dipping sauce. These would be super for football weekends!
I am sure your veggie husband loved these...I will keep them in mind..
This looks really fun and tasty! The green color is so striking, I can't help but think that these would be especially appropriate for springtime or St Patrick's Day.