Tortilla de Plátano Maduro (Ripe Plantain Frittata)
- 3 very ripe plantains peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups grated queso fresco or queso blanco plus more for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a nonstick fry pan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the ripe plantain and cook, stirring occasionally, about, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and queso together.Place the cooked plantains in a baking pan.
- Pour the egg mixture in the plantains and place in the oven and bake until golden on top, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Serve warm.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
This Tortilla de Plátano Maduro from Caldas department of Colombia is easy to make and a perfect option for brunch with a steaming pot of coffee or hot chocolate.
Oh this is something I definitely want!! What wonderful flavors!
It does look like a perfect option for lunch... I want some now! 🙂
wow , thats a new kind of combination for a fritata, have a nice week end
what a unique breakfast! i love that the list of things one can add to eggs is endless---i've never tried them with plantains!
Yum! Looks great! I could definately see making this on a cold, lazy, winter saturday 🙂 Thanks
I am in florida and made it and was really good..ask my granddaughter.
Norma, Thank you for your feedback!
Thank you everyone for visiting my blog!