I love starting the day off with a breakfast like this along with a steaming hot cup of coffee.
These delicious baked eggs make for an impressive presentation. Serve with buttered toast for a simple yet elegant breakfast or brunch.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 8 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons asiago cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Crushed red pepper to your taste
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, cook for 2 minutes, and then add the spinach and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add parsley and remove from the heat.
- Rub the inside of 4 small ramekins with butter and then add spinach mixture into each ramekin.
- Add 1 egg to each, season with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons heavy cream and 2 tablespoons asiago cheese. Place the ramekins in a baking dish and bake about 8 to 10 minutes. Add crushed red pepper and serve immediately.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...