I have quick and easy recipe for you to sweeten your day. I love this type of dessert, simple, sweet, and tangy. These Simple Lemon Bars are a crowd pleaser, ensuring that everyone will be licking their lips wanting more. I love creamy, citrus desserts. The tangy lemon flavor complements the sweetness of the sweet condensed milk perfectly.
For the crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
Zest of 1 lime
For the filling:
2 egg yolks
1(14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
Juice of 2 limes
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 lime
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 by 12 inch pan and set aside.
2. To make the crust: Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, zest and sugar. Press into the prepared pan, pressing the crust mixture one inch up the side of the pan. Bake for 7 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
3. To make the filling: Put the sweet condensed milk in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed, about 2 minutes. Add the egg yolks, lime, lemon juice and zest. Beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
4. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Pour the filling over the baked crust, spreading evenly.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just set. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let its cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars with a sharp knife.