This post is also available in Spanish
These traditional Patacones topped with a delicious shrimp and avocado salad are very easy to prepare and ideal to serve as a delicious snack at any time of the day.
- 1 Pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small ripe avocado, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1/3 cup salsa rosada
- ¼ chopped fresh tomato
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Make 12 Patacones or fried green plantains, cover with foil and set aside.
- In a small pot, over medium heat cook the shrimp until they are pink.
- When the shrimp is cooking in a medium bowl, whisk together the salsa rosada, lime juice, onion, tomato, salt, pepper, avocado and cilantro. Top each patacon with the salad and serve.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...