This time of year there is nothing better than cooking in your crock pot. One single pot, slow cooking and great smells. Now that’s comforting and that’s what I love to cook during the winter. This lentils and beef stew is really easy to make and delicious over white rice. The perfect weeknight dinner. Enjoy it!
- 1 1/2 pounds beef for stew, cut into cubes
- 1 cup lentils
- 3 1/2 cups beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except the potatoes, cilantro, salt and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Add the potatoes and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve over white rice.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...