I made this Pasta with Butternut Squash dish the other night for dinner. It was delicious and super easy to make. The butternut squash sauce is creamy, sweet and a little spicy. It was just perfect.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of grated onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound of cooked pasta
- Red pepper flakes, to your taste (optional)
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Place the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion. Saute 3 to 5 minutes until the onions are soft. Add the butternut squash, cinnamon, cumin and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the stock and cover. Cook over medium heat until the squash is soft, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and cook for 10 minutes more. Combine sauce and pasta and toss well. Garnish with red pepper flakes and cheese. Serve warm.