I made this Pasta with Butternut Squash dish the other night for dinner. It was delicious and super easy to make. The butternut squash sauce is creamy, sweet and a little spicy. It was just perfect.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of grated onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound of cooked pasta
- Red pepper flakes, to your taste (optional)
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Place the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion. Saute 3 to 5 minutes until the onions are soft. Add the butternut squash, cinnamon, cumin and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the stock and cover. Cook over medium heat until the squash is soft, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and cook for 10 minutes more. Combine sauce and pasta and toss well. Garnish with red pepper flakes and cheese. Serve warm.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...