This tart is as simple as can be and almost any vegetables can be used. That’s what I love about tarts and pies, they are so versatile. In this case, I made a potato, mushroom, caramelized onions with brie topping, but you could use any cheese or even a combination of different kinds of cheeses.
Serve with a green salad on the side and enjoy it!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 4 oz brie cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- In a medium non-stick pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the potato slices in a single layer, add the cumin, paprika, thyme and parsley and fry about 4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside. Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes or until caramelized.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the puff pastry on the baking sheet. Spread the potatoes, mushrooms and onions on top of the pastry, leaving about 1 inch border.
- Top with the brie the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. brush the edge of the tart with the egg.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.