This post is also available in Spanish
Plantains are eaten all over Colombia and South America. This delicious vegetable is made in different ways. Plátanos Asados con Bocadillo y Queso make a delicious side dish. Omit the guava paste for a classic plátano asado con queso or baked plantain with cheese.
- 4 very ripe plantains
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 slices of guava paste ½ inch thick
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese ½ inch thick
- Preheat the oven to 400°, cut the ends of the plantains and peel.
- Place them in a baking dish and brushed with the butter, bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and slice the plantains lengthwise but not go all the way trough, stuff them with the guava paste and cheese slices.
- Return to the oven and bake 10 more minutes until the cheese melts and serve.