This post is also available in Spanish
Changua is a typical breakfast in Bogotá, the capital of Colombia. Until recently, I had never made Changua and I didn’t have a recipe. My mom loves this egg soup, so I gave her a call hoping that she had a recipe. Well, she did so now that’s two of mom’s recipes in a row.
In Bogotá, Changua is served for breakfast with bread on the side or in the soup, but this Colombian breakfast soup can be eaten at any time of the day. It is also known to help with a hangover, so you can try it after your next party and let me know if it helped. 🙂
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- 3 scallions chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Bread with butter to serve
- Place the milk and water in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Add the onion, salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add the eggs without breaking them.
- Let the eggs cook for 3 minutes and add the cilantro.
- Serve warm with bread on the side and garnish with fresh cilantro.