Cod Fish and Yuca Cakes
- 1 pound cod fillets cooked and flaked
- 1 cup cooked and mashed yuca cassava
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a small skillet over low heat, melt the butter. Add the green onions and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, place the flaked fish, mashed yuca, cooked onions and garlic, bread crumbs, cilantro,mustard, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a separated bowl, whisk together the cream and eggs until well blended. Add to the fish mixture and mix well.
There are a lot of recipes for cod fish cakes, some better than others. I have tried a few made with potatoes that I like, but my grandmother used to make cod fish cakes with yuca, and they are definately my favorites ones. They have great texture and a wonderful taste.
This is the recipe for my grandmother's Cod Fish and Yuca Cakes. Enjoy!